First and foremost, this blog requirement was quite interesting and different from any requirements I've had for any other courses at Baruch. With that said, I'd have to agree that it was a uniquely effective approach to get value from the class overall. The mere fact that I was required to comment on our classmate's blogs forced me to see their view points in a way that opened my eyes and sometimes changed my perspective on a subject matter.
I can't say that a benefit gained from this was meeting other people online, but then that really wasn't my goal. My main focus when doing the assignments was just to get them done because they were a requirement.
One of the strong points of doing these blog assignments was the fact that it elicited deeper thought on subject matters discussed in class. I didn't just sit in class, listen to professor Kurpis lecture, and take notes. Instead, through the blog assignments, I was able to effectively share my thoughts and opinions on the ways in which the class activities paralleled the lessons.
I thought the topics professor Kurpis posted on his blog was another positive to this Blog. The fact that they weren't directly related to the course of study made them all the more interesting. They were like little management 3120 coffee breaks because they allowed me to take my mind off management for a bit and write about other valuable and realistic topics on life in general.
I must say that I clearly understood the degree to which my test anxieties could be offset by appropriate attention to my blog but unfortunately I wasn't always able to submit them on a timely basis due to my crazy work/school schedule. Nonetheless, it was clearly stated at the beginning of the course and was frequently brought to our attention during the course.
I'm not sure if I'll continue to make posts to this blog but it's something I'll strongly consider. Still, due to the nature of this Blog I do think professor Kurpis should keep it as part of a component to this class. No improvement needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The blog thing was kinda new to a lot of us and took some getting used to but in the end it did prove useful. I like the comment you made and 'management 3120 coffee break' that was a very creative way to relay his off-topic blogs. I agree with you it should be continued as apart of the class it helped alot of people and even entertained some.
Post a Comment