During the class activity on decision making, while there were several methods being used by each student (or groups of students) to come to a final decision, I personally comprised to deal with the chaos. I compromised not because I necessarily wanted to, but because it came to a point where I felt I had no choice when we were running out of time. At that point I felt that if I didn’t just go along with everyone that there was a strong possibility that we would have absolutely no resolution. I specifically compromised on the point of having one essay option on the second test. I personally felt that having two to three essay options would’ve been more beneficial than having only one. The benefits of having options are pretty obvious and self explanatory. However, the majority of the students did not feel this way. Many thought that the professor would make the essay questions harder if he offered more than one option. I wasn’t worried about the difficulty because the way I figured it, the professor knows we only have but so much time to complete the entire exam. Therefore, with all the other parts of the exam basically remaining the same (with the exception of the number of right answers now being provided to us on the multiple choice questions), I strongly doubted that the professor would make the essay portion that much harder. It just wouldn’t be fair, and it would’ve been highly unlikely of the professor.
In retrospect, in order to get a more desirable result, I should’ve collaborated more with others to bring my opinion across. This would have been a better approach because I would’ve been able to bring some reassurance to something that was a major concern for everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
In such a large group with strong personalities and so much at stake, I can understand your position of compromise. It was a lot going on but at least your opinion was heard. I agree, the professor would not make the essay question on the next test harder. I'm sure the next test will be on par with this one. I also agree that if you would have collaborated with others to fully understand your point of view that all of you could have presented the suggestion and maybe changed the outcome. You're in charge next time!!
i think thats one thing that we
NOW all agree on, collaboration! but i suppose we were all being selfish. hopefully we learned our lesson because we all could use that 'reassurance' from each individual next time!
I felt the same way as you did because I also compromised. It was difficult to get order in the class and start making the real decisions until we all knew that time was running out. I think that we all learned a lesson from this and that was to see how difficult it really is for such a large group to come to a 100% agreement and actually make a decision that will hopefully benefit all of us.
Post a Comment